You may be required to take a math assessment if you plan to register for a higher-level math course.
Higher-level Math Courses
If you enroll in the following courses but have not taken the prerequisite math course(s), you must take a math assessment test.
- Pre Calculus (MATH 2412): ALEKS PPL score – 65
- Calculus I (MATH 2413): ALEKS PPL score – 80
- Business Calculus (MATH 1325): ALEKS PPL score – 61
- Math for Middle Grade Teacher Certification 1 (MATH 1350): ALEKS PPL score – 61
Taking Math Assessment Tests
Pay the $35 Advanced Math Assessment fee in the Assessment Marketplace Store. The $35 fee includes up to five attempts at the placement test and gives you access to the ALEKS system for review and practice after your first test attempt.
Allow at least an hour and a half to complete your test.
Go to the Testing Center where you would like to test.
Preparing for Math Assessments
If you would like to practice before you take the test, go to ALEKS Free Trial and select “Explore Student Module”.
When you sign up, choose the following:
- Independent User Type: College or K-12 student (Personal preparation)
- Choose your Market: Higher Education/Math
- Select a Course: Prep for Calculus or Prep for Precalculus