ACC & Handshake | Post a job or internship
Job Postings: ACC uses a dynamic recruitment platform, known as Handshake, which is “the official early talent recruiting platform” that will enhance your reach and connect you directly with talented ACC students and alumni.
If you are not familiar with ACC’s recruiting guidelines, please click here to review our policies prior to posting jobs and/or participating in recruiting events.
- Click here to go to the Handshake login page. Do NOT click the blue “Austin Community College Sign-On” button as that will take you to the sign-in page for students. Instead, click the link to “sign in with your email address” right below the blue button.
- Click here to go to the Handshake employer registration page.
- Verify: Handshake will send you a verification email to the address you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- Connect with your company: After confirming your email, if your company is already represented on Handshake, you should be prompted to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company (if it doesn’t automatically populate), or click the “Create New Company” button.
- Connect with ACC: use the search bar to find “Austin Community College” and click the “+” to connect with us!
- Confirmation: Your connection request will be reviewed by ACC’s Career Services staff. Once reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with ACC.
Instructions for Posting a Job
- Now that you are connected with ACC, you can post your job!
- Post a Job: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information regarding the job basics, details, and preferences.
- School Selection: On the left side of the screen, you will be able to add schools. Click the “+” next to Austin Community College to add ACC!
- Create: Choose “Create” (near the bottom of the screen) to create and review your job.
- Confirmation: Your job posting will be reviewed by ACC Career Services staff. Once reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to ACC students and alumni.
Handshake Resource Center
To learn more about using Handshake, please visit the Handshake Resource Center for useful articles on Getting Started, Managing User Settings, Posting a Job, and much more!
Additional Recruiting Opportunities
- Job Fairs: Information has been posted to Handshake regarding our Spring 2023 job fairs. To register for a job fair, you will need to have an employer account in Handshake. Instructions to create an account appear above. There is no charge to participate in our job fairs.
- On-Campus Tabling: We are excited to welcome our employer partners back to campus. Click here if you would like to request a table on campus. Tabling on-campus allows you to grow brand awareness and inform interested students about your job opportunities. Please note, we will need a 2-week window to approve requests, and with regret, we have limited capacity to confirm all tabling requests.
- Host an Event: Our students and alumni love to hear from our employer partners. Do you have an engaging info session or dynamic presentation you’d like to host? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options. Additionally, did you know Handshake allows employers to host your own virtual events? For more information on organizing your own event, please click here. And of course, we’ll help promote your sessions!
- Flyers: If you have a flyer or job description you wish to send us, please email the information in pdf format to email@example.com. We will display the flyer on bulletin boards at our campuses and forward the attachment(s) to faculty/staff whose programs align with the needs of the job(s).
Need Assistance? We want to help make this process as smooth and easy for you as possible. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Ruthie Sykes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Charla Dubes (email@example.com), as we represent ACC’s Career Services Employer Relations team.Back to Top