Get the strategies you need for a successful job search in today’s competitive market.
Finding a job requires time, a strategic approach, and resources. Strategies for Today’s Jobs is a month-long course that offers comprehensive job search strategies and one-on-one coaching support to help you get your next great job. Students will learn about the job search process from start to finish, get real practice with stages of the application process, and access to tools like JobScan, Big Interview, YouScience, and Handshake.
- 1-on-1 career coaching to address your unique job search needs
- Resume & cover letter writing assistance
- Access to Jobscan, a tool that analyzes resume effectiveness
- Face-to-face & remote interview practice using Big Interview (AI driven software)
- Networking experience and strategies
- Help creating a personal brand & elevator pitch
- LinkedIn & Indeed training
- Salary negotiation skills
- Ongoing career support
Who can benefit?
This program is designed for students of all backgrounds. Whether you’re seeking an internship, apprenticeship, trying to land your first dream job, or looking to re-enter the workforce after a recent layoff or prolonged absence, we can help.
This class meets for two hours each, two days per week (M/W or T/Th) for 4 weeks. Students must complete the required assignments in order to pass the course.
Strategies for Today’s Jobs: AARX-3002
(65829) Jul 10 – Aug 2: Mon & Wed, 2 pm – 4 pm at the Highland Campus
(71026) Jul 10 – Aug 2: Mon & Wed, 5 pm – 7 pm (DIL)
If you are currently in our system with an ACC ID, meaning you’ve either previously taken classes, currently taking classes, or sometime in the past put in an application to ACC, follow these directions:
- You first need your ACC ID and Password. This can be retrieved Here if you don’t remember it.
- Go to the registration page found Here.
- Click on “Register Now” Under Course Registration and follow steps.
- If you need step by step instructions, you can find a tutorial Here.
If you are a brand new student, meaning you have never attended or ever applied to ACC, follow these directions:
- Go to This link.
- Click “Apply Now” under New Students to start your application.
- You may register for classes following the directions above for current students after you get to the point in the application where you have set up your ACC ID, Password, and Email.- If you need step-by-step instructions, you can find a tutorial Here.
Contact Katie McClendon for more information or for help registering for the class:
Manager, Today’s Jobs
512-223-7488Back to Top