May 15-31, 2023 All ACC Campuses will be available for Walk-In Advising Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:30p. Virtual Walk-In Advising (via Zoom) is also available Monday-Thursday 9:00a-6:30p and Friday 9:00a-4:30p. Join Via Zoom
Area of Study academic guidance teams consist of Advisors and Success Coaches who will help you stay on track for your program, select your classes, and make decisions about your educational and career goals. As a student of ACC, you will be assigned an area of study guidance team member based on your declared program. Find your area of study contacts below.
Who is my Advisor?
Students are assigned an Academic Guidance Team member (Advisor or Success Coach) after they begin courses with ACC. If you are a current student, please use the button below to contact your advisor for support from a specialist in your area of study.
Academic Guidance Team
Academic guidance team members are able to support students by appointment in person or online. Email or call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Area of Study, Advising Specialist
Provide academic advising and related referrals to student support services through a case management approach to facilitate academic success.
Provide comprehensive case management with a focus on retention and graduation, which includes academic advising coaching and referrals to student support services in order to facilitate student success.
On-campus Academic Guidance Requests
Advisor Contact Information by Campus
|512-262-6515; 3-1515 (internal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Maximize Your Area of Study Advising Session
Tips that will make the most of your visit with your academic guide:
- Be Prepared
- Check Self Service to make sure your program is correct. If it isn’t, your area of study specialist will help you update it during your session.
- Think about your educational and career goals.
- Use the Pre-Advising Worksheet to be prepared and organized for your session
- Program Maps
- Participate in the session
- Share important information to help with educational planning.
- Take notes – have a pen and paper to write down the answers to your questions.
- Be sure to ask follow-up questions or ask for clarification on things that are unclear or confusing.
- Plan your next visit
- Recap your understanding of the advice you have received.
- Book your next appointment with your advisor.
Learn about ACC programs, degrees, and certificates
ACC offers a wide variety of educational and career options. Learn more about academic programs, Fast Track career opportunities, and transfer planning.