Maintain Your Eligibility

Follow the regulations below to maintain your eligibility for VA benefits.

Academic progress

Academic progress

Make academic progress toward graduation (View Catalog). If you receive federal financial aid, meet satisfactory academic progress standards for financial aid recipients.

ACC degree plan

You are allowed to take only courses required under the selected ACC degree plan, approved electives, and prerequisite courses. If you intend to transfer, meet with your ACC VA specialist to select the ACC degree plan and courses that meet your transfer goals. 

Adds, drops, withdrawal

Notify the ACC VA Office immediately if you add, drop, or withdraw from any classes. You may be required to pay back portions of their benefits if they drop a course, withdraw, or receive a non punitive grade. It is the student’s responsibility to verify information certified to the VA and repay any overpayment.

Change of major/program

If you decide to change your major, submit a new degree plan in order to receive future VA educational benefits.

Developmental course restrictions

If you enroll in development reading, writing, or mathematics classes, they are eligible for VA educational benefits ONLY if required to meet Texas Success Initiative requirements.

Military leave

Active duty

 If you are called to active duty during the semester, contact Admissions and Records for withdrawal procedures. If you are receiving financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office. If you are receiveing veteran’s benefits, contact the VA office.  

Short-term leave

If you will miss classes for short term-military leave or military training exercises, contact your instructors as soon as you become aware of this so that appropriate accommodations can be made.

Repeats or duplication

If you fail a course or receive a grade below degree requirements, you may repeat the same course and receive VA educational benefits. All other duplications can NOT be certified.

Back to Top