Transfer News

Sign up for ACC’s monthly Transfer Newsletter: The Transfer Times.

You’ll get insider information on transfer related deadlines, scholarships, events, and inspiring transfer student stories delivered directly to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get tips and advice from our team of transfer specialists who are available to support you on your transfer journey. 

Newsletter Archives

The Transfer Times – March 2024

The Transfer Times – February 2024

The Transfer Times – January 2024

The Transfer Times – November 2023

The Transfer Times – October 2023

The Transfer Times – September 2023

The Transfer Times – August 2023

The Transfer Times – July 2023

The Transfer Times – May 2023

Transfer Student Spotlight

Ricardo Lefranc Pierantozzi

What are your goals for the future?  To work in consulting or project management.

How did you decide where you wanted to transfer? What factors went into that decision? In 2003, when my family moved from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico to Austin, my mother always knew that I would graduate from St. Edward’s. After applying to ten universities in my senior year of high school, I was only admitted into eight. The two universities I was rejected from were The University of Texas at Austin, and St. Edward’s. 

That did not stop me from pursuing my American Dream, and the following fall semester I enrolled into classes at ACC. After three hardworking years and the support of my then philosophy professor, Dr. Christopher Whalin, I applied to St. Edward’s where I was accepted into the Ethics and Leadership program.

Originally, my major at ACC was in Communication. However, I took an Intro to Philosophy course at the ACC South Austin campus where Dr. Whalin recommended the Ethics and Leadership program that St. Edward’s offered, and once accepted, I changed majors and added Communication as my minor.

I had many connections at UT, from friends who attended to professors who currently teach there, but I never really saw myself as a Longhorn. While I had not stepped on campus until I was accepted into St. Edward’s, instinctively I knew I wanted to be a Hilltopper. 

Is life at your new institution any different from ACC? What adjustments – if any – did you make? I believe that my time at ACC prepared me for what was to come at St. Edward’s. I learnt time management by regularly attending office hours with my professors while relying heavily on Capitol Metro to get around the different campuses. Now, at St. Edward’s, I am a midfielder on the Men’s Division 3 Lacrosse team, the Co-President of the Transfer Student Association, and I regularly communicate with my professors regarding questions on papers and getting ready for exams. 

What advice would you give to ACC students who are considering transferring? I would tell them to visit the campus, take a tour, and reach out to an admissions counselor. St. Edward’s University saw me seven years ago and said, “We like you, but we do not think you are ready.” ACC saw me and said, “Start here with us so that we can help you get there.” With a strong support system I was able to take that step again, and I’m now a Hilltopper getting ready to graduate in May 2024.  I would encourage students to find their support system of people who believe in them!

Staff Spotlight

Kait White

Tell us about yourself: briefly describe what your tasks include at work. I provide administrative support for current and new programs,assist with  planning events, oversee office procurement and provide budget management.   

What do you like to do outside of work? Outside of work, I like to read, go camping with friends and spend time with my husband and our two kitties!

How has the ACC experience been? We’d love to hear about the moments, colleagues or projects that have contributed to your experience. Working at ACC has been so rewarding. I joined the team to support the Career and Transfer Center and have found myself learning so much more about the various paths students take to get an education. Coming from working at a four year university, the student population is more diverse here and it has been such an enjoyable learning experience.  I’ve gotten to learn more about career development and the transfer process, and assist with so many great events. Highlights for me include participating in the Transfer tour to UT ( my alma mater) and TXST (my previous work institution), working on the ACC GROW program, and assisting with job fairs. I love the chance to spend time with students, as my role is not normally student-facing. Talking with them, learning from them, and sharing experiences with them has been so fun. 

Do you have any advice for students intending to transfer? My advice is to start early! Even if you don’t know exactly where you want to transfer, speak to a Transfer Specialist early and take advantage of all the resources Transfer Services provides. They will set you up for success!

Back to Top