Follow these instructions to grant consent for a family member, employer, or other individual to access your financial statements and make payments on your behalf.
The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law which protects the privacy of a student’s educational records. The college is unable to release information to others without the student’s written permission.
Students may authorize another person online access to their account by setting them up as an authorized user. Setting up an authorized user online does not grant ACC staff permission to discuss a student’s account record with the authorized user. Follow the steps below to set up an authorized user.
- Login to MyACC.
- Under the Registration & Payments header click Pay for Classes.
- Select Authorized Users, located on the right-side menu.
- Click add Authorized User
- Enter the email address of the desired authorized user,
- Select Yes or No to allow this user to view your payment history and account activity.
- Click Continue.
- Read the agreement terms that appear.
- If you agree with the terms, check the box next to I Agree.
- Print the agreement if you want a copy and then click Continue
- The new authorized user will receive an email providing a temporary password and instructions.
- The student may edit or delete the authorized user at any time
The student must complete a Cashier Office Proxy Authorization Form to grant permission for the ACC cashier office to discuss the student’s account information with others. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.Back to Top